Because most of the film is in rain, I'm making replacement resin windows and wiper blades with rain in the appropriate points. There will be 24 in all, plus 2 for the non raining sequences.
The car design and animatable chassis design have been complete for a while now. I've been sculpting away on the body and have just begun to add details.
Just need to get my head around the best way to cast the sucker!
I hope to post photos of the entire build sequence and give reasons for my decisions. I'll be keeping the idea of low cost in mind at every turn!
Refine the shape. I've pilled the dash assembly out and rebuilt and case it now, as I realised I need a few multiples for cutaways of the speedo and tacho rising.
I've just sculpted the dashboard and have molded that.
I used Klean Klay again and molded using pinky-sil (quick cure silicone (20 mins!) and made the border out of LEGO, and a base out of an old cereal box.
Also, to save on pinky, as it's expensive, I cut up some old molds and mixed it into the wet stuff. (My son was actually kind enough to cut up the old molds!)
Here's the abridged version in pictures...
Since then, I've started on the roof. It needs to be a little higher than anticipated, due to the size of the puppet I wanted to use. Here's a lesson... Make the puppets first! I had a pupped to base scale on, but he's 1:6 and even though I built my car to 1:10, I'd forgotten, as it's been so long. I'll have to restart sculpting the characters to fit!
I also think that for the F100 camper, I can use the original mold for the commodore, making a new grill and cutting back the sides to accommodate the tray back. I'll still need to make the back of the camper separately, but I think I'll use wood. We did that for the ice-cream truce on Mary and Max, and that worked nicely.
More pics as I make them!